Monday, January 27, 2020

China coronavirus toll reaches 80, 2,744 infected

Chinese health authorities on Monday said that 80 people have died due to the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak in the country, with 2,744 confirmed cases.



The National Health Commission said that of the infected, 461 were in critical condition, Xinhua news agency reported.

Sunday saw 769 new confirmed cases, 3,806 new suspected cases and 24 deaths (all in Hubei province), the Commission revealed.

By the end of Sunday, 51 people had recovered and there were currently a total of 5,794 suspected cases.

Meanwhile, at least 32,799 close contacts have been traced, the Commission said, adding that among them, 583 were discharged from medical observation on Sunday, with 30,453 others still under medical observation.

The figures also showed that 17 confirmed cases had been reported in Hong Kong (eight), Macao (five) and Taiwan (four).

Outside of China, there are currently eight confirmed cases in Thailand (five of which have been discharged from hospital); five in the US; four each in Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, France and Japan (one cured); three in South Korea; two in Vietnam; and one each in Nepal and Canada.

Pakistan has five suspected cases who are all under observation.

China has announced the extension of the Spring Festival holiday until February 2, amid its efforts to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Universities, primary and secondary schools, and kindergartens across the country will postpone the start of the semester, said a State Council General Office circular, adding that the specific time for the semester start will be unveiled by respective education authorities.
The measure is taken to help reduce mass gatherings, curb the spread of the novel coronavirus, and to better safeguard the safety and health of the Chinese people, according to the circular.

The symptoms of the new coronavirus, provisionally designated by the WHO as 2019-nCoV, are similar to those of cold but may be accompanied by fever and fatigue, dry cough and dyspnea (shortness of breath).


Saturday, January 11, 2020

विरोध-प्रदर्शनों के बीच देश में नागरिकता संशोधन कानून लागू, केंद्र सरकार ने गजट नोटिफिकेशन जारी किया

नई दिल्ली। विरोध प्रदर्शनों और समर्थन के बीच देशभर में शुक्रवार से नागरिकता संशोधन कानून (CAA) लागू हो गया है। केंद्र सरकार ने शुक्रवार को संशोधित नागरिकता कानून की अधिसूचना जारी कर दी। इसके साथ ही यह कानून पूरे देश में प्रभावी हो गया। गजट नोटिफिकेशन के मुताबिक केंद्रीय गृह मंत्रालय ने इस कानून को लागू करने की तारीख 10 जनवरी, 2020 की तारीख तय की है।


नागरिकता संशोधन कानून क्या है?

नागरिकता कानून 1955 में आया था। इसके तहत किसी भी व्यक्ति को भारतीय नागरिकता लेने के लिए कम से कम 11 साल भारत में रहना अनिवार्य है। भारत में अवैध तरीके से दाखिल होने वाले लोगों को नागरिकता नहीं मिल सकती है। उन्हें वापस उनके देश भेजने या हिरासत में रखने के प्रावधान हैं। संशोधित विधेयक में पड़ोसी देशों अफगानिस्तान, बांग्लादेश और पाकिस्तान के अल्पसंख्यक शरणार्थियों (हिंदू, सिख, जैन, बौद्ध, पारसी और ईसाई) को नागरिकता मिलने का समय घटाकर 11 साल से 6 साल किया गया है। मुस्लिमों और अन्य देशों के नागरिकों के लिए यह अवधि 11 साल ही रहेगी।

भी व्यक्ति को भारतीय नागरिकता लेने के लिए कम से कम 11 साल भारत में रहना अनिवार्य है। भारत में अवैध तरीके से दाखिल होने वाले लोगों को नागरिकता नहीं मिल सकती है। उन्हें वापस उनके देश भेजने या हिरासत में रखने के प्रावधान हैं। संशोधित विधेयक में पड़ोसी देशों अफगानिस्तान, बांग्लादेश और पाकिस्तान के अल्पसंख्यक शरणार्थियों (हिंदू, सिख, जैन, बौद्ध, पारसी और ईसाई) को नागरिकता मिलने का समय घटाकर 11 साल से 6 साल किया गया है। मुस्लिमों और अन्य देशों के नागरिकों के लिए यह अवधि 11 साल ही रहेगी।

नागरिकता संशोधन विधेयक 10 दिसंबर को लोकसभा और उसके एक दिन बाद राज्यसभा में पारित हुआ था। राष्ट्रपति के हस्ताक्षर के बाद 12 दिसंबर को यह कानून बन गया। इसके तहत पाकिस्तान, अफगानिस्तान और बांग्लादेश में प्रताड़ना का शिकार हो रहे हिंदू, ईसाई, सिख, बौद्ध, पारसी और यहूदी अल्पसंख्यकों को भारत की नागरिकता देने का प्रावधान है। गौरतलब है कि इस कानून को लेकर देश के कई हिस्सों में विरोध प्रदर्शन हो रहे हैं। वहीं, इसके समर्थन में भी बड़ी संख्या में लोग आगे आए हैं।

बता दें कि नागरिकता कानून पर कई दिनों से देशभर में संग्राम छिड़ा हुआ है। इसी शुरुआत असम से हुई थी। राज्यसभा में बिल पास होते ही विरोध प्रदर्शनों का सिलसिला शुरू हो गया था। इसके विरोध में हिंसा की आग कई शहरों तक पहुंची।

उत्तर प्रदेश, दिल्ली, कर्नाटक में हिंसक प्रदर्शन हुए। यूपी में करीब 19 लोगों की मौत हुई जबकि कर्नाटक में तीन लोगों की जान गई। दिल्ली में भी भारी विरोध प्रदर्शन हुआ था। विरोध प्रदर्शनों का सिलसिला आज भी जारी है, हालांकि अब ये शांतिपूर्ण तरीके से हो रहा है।

बाद में इसके समर्थन में भी लोग खुलकर सामने आने लगे। कई शहरों में इसके समर्थन में रैली निकाली गई। गृह मंत्री अमित शाह ने भी कहा कि सीएए को हर हाल में लागू कराया जाएगा और पीछे हटने का सवाल ही पैदा नहीं होता।

Source: Trusted Online News Portals in India


Bihar News Patna | Latest Jharkhand News in Hindi|Entertainment News India |Top Environment News | 

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Thousands protest in Delhi showing support for ‘Bharat Bandh’

Thousands of members from at least ten trade unions on Wednesday protested here against the Centre and extended their support to the all-India shutdown by trade unions.



Gathered at the Shaheed Park, the members walked towards the ITO intersection and blocked a section of Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg.

Holding red trade union flags and braving the winter drizzle, the protesters shouted slogans “Stop attacking students”, “Stop attacking universities”, “India belongs to us”, “Stop dividing us”, and “NRC, CAA, NPR will not be allowed”.

They extended support to the anti-Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA) and anti-National Register of Citizens (NRC) protests as also to protesting students, saying these issues are affecting all Indians, including labor.

The demonstration was called to support the all-India general strike called by the trade unions.

The said they are on streets across the country because they are unhappy with the “Modi-Shah government as they have destroyed the country”.




Monday, January 6, 2020

Delhi Goes To Polls On Feb 8, Counting On Feb 11

The election commission on Monday announced February 8 to be the date of Delhi assembly elections. The model code of conduct comes into effect with the announcement, the EC said.
The date of notification is January 14, while January 21 will be the last date of filing nominations.



There is a total of seventy seats in Delhi out of which Aam Aadmi Party won sixty-seven last time.

Mainly three political parties are in the fray for the election — Aam Aadmi Party, Bharatiya Janata Party, and the Congress.

Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Arora, whose tenure is ending on February 22, said that he held a meeting with Chief Secretary and senior officials last month about holding elections.

Ninety thousand officials are to be deployed for poll duties, he said. Additional secretaries will look after the deployment of officers.

Arora lamented that some constituencies in Delhi had lower turnouts last time than Maoists affected areas. But he assured that the EC is taking all steps to ensure more participation this time. There are 13,750 polling stations in Delhi.

Arora also announced pick and drop facilities for senior citizens who would like to vote. The postal ballot facility for people with disabilities and senior citizens above the age of eighty is also available.

Teams for monitoring the media have also been formed, informed the Election Commission.



Tuesday, December 24, 2019

रघुवर का अहंकार भाजपा का बना ‘काल’

  • हेमंत सोरेन की दोनों सीटों पर मोदी की चुनावी सभा में उठायेे गये राष्ट्रीय और क्षेत्रीय मुद्दों को जनता ने खारिज कर दिया
इनसाइट ऑनलाइन से रोशी की रिपोर्ट
झारखंड विधानसभा चुनाव 2019 में मतदाताओं को भाजपा के पक्ष में करने के लिए प्रधानमंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी, अमित शाह सहित अन्य बड़े नेताओं ने कोई कसर नहीं छोड़ी। इस विधानसभा चुनाव में भाजपा ने रघुवर दास को अपना चेहरा घोषित किया था वहीं झामुमो, कांग्रेस और राजद गठबंधन ने युवा नेता हेमंत सोरेन को अपना चेहरा घोषित किया था।

भाजपा ने जब रघुवर दास को चेहरा घोषित कर दिया फिर भी उस चेहरे पर विश्वास न करते हुए भारी संख्या में भाजपा ने राष्ट्रीय नेताओं को धुंआधार चुनाव प्रचार में उतारा। इनसाईट आॅनलाईन न्यूज ने झारखंड विधानसभा चुनाव 2019 भाग-15 में लिखा था कि संताल परगना की 16 सीटों पर भी बजेगा गठबंधन का डंका! और इसके आगे तक लिखा था कि दावे-प्रतिदावे के बीच यह विश्लेषण छण कर आ रहा है कि हेमंत सोरेन बरहेट और दुमका से अवश्य जीत का परचम लहरायेंगे और यही हुआ। इसमें आगे लिखा था कि यदि अगर दोनों स्थान से झामुमो के कार्यकारी अध्यक्ष हेमंत सोरेन चुनाव जीतते हैं तो प्रधानमंत्री मोदी की किरकिरी हो जायेगी।
  • प्रधानमंत्री मोदी की किरकिरी
झारखंड विधानसभा चुनाव 2019 के इनसाईट ऑनलाइन न्यूज के आकलन भाग-14 में हमने लिखा था कि दो दिन के अंतराल में प्रधानमंत्री मोदी ने हेमंत सोरेन जो दो सीटों पर लड़ रहे थे उनको सफलता ना मिले इसके लिए चुनावी सभा की।
हेमंत सोरेन के जनप्रभाव से काफी सहमे हुए रघुवर दास ने प्रधानमंत्री मोदी को उनकी दोनों सीटों पर उतार कर सिर्फ भाजपा की ही नहीं मोदी की भी प्रतिष्ठा को गिराने का काम किया। इन दोनों सीटों से हेमंत सोरेन को विजय हासिल हुई और चुनावी सभाओं में राष्ट्रीय और क्षेत्रिय मुद्दों पर मोदी की दलिल जनता ने खारिज कर दी। यह भाजपा के लिए बहुत शर्मनाक मंजर है। इसमें गहरे चिंतन की जरूरत है कि भाजपा की लगातार गिरती साख की क्या उनकी जनविरोधी राष्ट्रीय एवं क्षेत्रिय नीतियां ही वजह हैं।
  • रघुवर दास की सीट
अपनी सीट पर भी रघुवर दास को जब खतरा लगने लगा तो वहां भी मोदी की सभा करा दी और उनकी सीट से भी उन्हीं की पार्टी के करीबी रहें सरयू राय ने उन्हें जोर से पटखनी दे मारी और वह भारी मतों से चुनाव हार गये, अब मोदी को अपने प्यारे रघुवर दास को उनकी किरकिरी कराने के लिए धन्यवाद देना चाहिए! इससे झारखंड में सरकार से बेदखल हुई भाजपा में नई ऊर्जा का संचार होगा और कार्यकर्ता बाग-बाग हो जायेंगे।

23 दिसंबर को घोषित हुए चुनाव नतीजे झारखंड में भाजपा की अप्रत्याशित हार और जेएमएम, कांग्रेस और राजद गठबंधन की जीत के बाद बहुत सी कही-अनकही कहानियां बयां करती हैं। यदि बेवाक विश्लेषण हो तो बहुत से राज खुल जायेेंगे और दुर्गति की ग्राफ लगातार बढ़ता चला जायेगा।

मीडिया एवं प्रबुद्ध नागरिक मानते हैं कि रघुवर दास का अहंकार ही सरकार एवं भाजपा की नैया को डूबो दिया।



Thursday, December 12, 2019

J’khand poll: Voting for 12 seats ends, 57.96% votes cast

Voting ended for 12 of the 17 assembly seats at 3 p.m. in the third phase of the polls with 57.96 percent votes being cast on Thursday.


The voting will end at 5 p.m. for the Ranchi, Hatia, Kanke, Ramgarh, and Barkatha assembly seats.

There are a total of 309 candidates including 32 females whose fate will be decided by 56,06,743 voters including 26,73,991 women and 95 third gender. These 17 seats are spread across Ranchi, Hazaribagh, Chatra, Giridih, Bokaro, Koderma and Saraikela. More than 35000 security personnel have been deployed to ensure peaceful polling.

Jharkhand Governor Draupadi Murmu cast her vote at ATI Ranchi while AJSU president Sudesh Mahtyo cast his vote along with his wife at Silli. Jayant Sinha cast his vote in Hazaribagh.

A newly married couple cast their votes at polling booth number 225 of Hazaribagh. Priyanka was married on Wednesday night and she came with her husband for voting on Thursday morning. Maoist leader Maharaja Parmanik’s parents cast their votes at Ichagarh.

In the third phase, the key candidates are three ministers — CP Singh, Ramchandra Sahis and Neera Yadav, Former Chief Minister Babulal Marandi and former Deputy Chief Minister and All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) president Sudesh Mahto.

Of the 17 seats, BJP, JMM, and Congress had won 10, three and two seats respectively in the 2014 Assembly elections.

There is a direct fight between the BJP, Congress and JMM candidates on seven seats. For the Silli seat, the fight is between AJSU president Sudesh Mahto and JMM sitting legislator Seema Devi. There is a triangular fight on six seats. For some seats, the fight is four-cornered or multi-cornered.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das have appealed to the voters to cast their votes.



Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Citizenship Bill introduced in LS amid opposition’s objection

The government on Monday introduced the controversial Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in the Lok Sabha despite objection raised by the opposition parties calling the move “fundamentally unconstitutional” and “violation” of Article 14 of the Indian constitution and others.



Following over an hour debate on Bill’s legislative competence if it can be taken or not, the lower House allowed it after the division of votes with 293 in its favor and 82 against.

Introducing the Bill, Union Home Minister Amit Shah rejected allegations of opposition members, saying “I assure that the Bill does not violate any Article of the Indian Constitution and that any citizen will not be deprived of their rights”.
“Every citizen has been given place in the Bill on the basis of reasonable classification.”

He said that the Bill seeks to provide Indian nationality to Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, Parsis, Jains and Buddhists fleeing persecution in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh.

The Minister said that the Bill has been introduced after analyzing the constitution of Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh.

Referring to the Nehru-Liaquat agreement signed in 1950 after the partition of India and Pakistan, Shah said it was agreed to protect the rights of minorities but only India followed it but Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, Parsis, Jains, and Buddhists faced atrocities in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh.

“The Bill is for those minorities who faced religious persecution in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh.”

The Minister clarified as the Muslim community was not persecuted in the three Islamic countries, the Bill specifically mentions to provide citizenship to six religious persecuted minorities.

“The people of the six minority communities who migrated to India following religious persecution in Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan will be given Indian citizenship as per this Bill. They are being given citizenship on the basis of reasonable classification. The Bill does not violate Article 14 of the Indian Constitution.”

But, Shah said, the Bill is not against the Muslim community and that if any Muslim seeks citizenship in India based on rules he will be entertained as per the Article of the Bill.

Major opposition parties, including Congress, Trinamool Congress, Revolutionary Socialist Party, Dravida Munnetra Kazhgam, All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul-Muslimeen, and Indian Union Muslim League, opposed the Bill citing various Articles of Indian Constitution.